How to teach a child to independently perform the lessons. Councils of a famous psychologist.
If you don’t want to supervise the implementation of your student’s lessons before graduation, then you should make every effort from the first grades so that the child understands how to rationally allocate time and how to do homework on his own. It so happens that a teenager, having already come to the senior class, does not know about it. He can sit for hours with books and notebooks, not knowing where to begin, to finish it quickly.
How to teach the child to independently perform the lessons?
It must be remembered that accustomed to constant monitoring by parents, children can not independently perform their homework. The home environment relaxes the children, because you can walk around the house or have a snack during the preparation of lessons, and the mother will not expose the twos. You can peek at the answers in the textbook or play a little on the computer, such freedom can lead to irresponsibility.
From our article you will learn how to help your child responsibly approach homework and independently carry it out.
– In junior high.
– 1 – It is necessary for the child to understand that after returning from school, after a short rest up to one and a half hours, he should take lessons. This time is enough for rest from school and he will not have time to get tired of home entertainment.
If the child is engaged in additional music or dance, then the lessons are done later. But it is not necessary to transfer them to the evening time, since the brain of the child better perceives information in the daytime. In the evening, he will perform tasks long and unsuccessfully. Children involved in the second shift can take lessons in the morning.
First-graders can adapt to school for up to six months. All this time, parents should be there to help the baby. After a time when the child understands in which order to perform the tasks, how much time to spend on each item, parents can gradually give him the opportunity to independently carry out the lessons.
– 2 – In order to successfully complete homework, it is necessary to observe a clear working rhythm. Occupation should last 25 minutes, then a break of 5-10 minutes.
– 3 – By the beginning of the second grade, the child must become accustomed to the distribution of his time. The parent does not need to constantly sit next to the child, only to respond to his requests for help. It is only necessary to help the child after his call, so that he does not think that the parent will do everything in his place.
– 4 – It is necessary to set priorities so that the child understands that the most important thing for him now is learning. When a child does homework, it is not necessary to distract him with requests or conversations.
– In middle and high school.
Children of this age should properly allocate their time for lessons and rest, remember homework and the timing of its implementation.
If a child does homework for a long time, being distracted by other activities.
The school program is too rich and the child can not cope with the lessons. This is especially true of those children who attend additional classes: a foreign language, drawing, dancing, a chess club, a sports section, etc. Most often, such classes are needed by parents, not children. After all, the baby does not rest there, but continues to strain, as in school. Occupations should bring pleasure to the child.
Do not limit the time for preparing lessons, warning you that after 30 minutes you will take away the textbook and exercise books. He will start to hurry and make mistakes. It is better to teach him the proper distribution of time and his strength on tasks of varying complexity.
If the child is careless about doing the lessons, quickly manages to do all the tasks, but the quality of the performance is bad, then you must gradually accustom him to accuracy. To do this, you need to check the tasks and warn you that if it is poorly written, you will have to rewrite it and postpone it for a walk.
Sometimes a child badly does homework to attract the attention of parents. After all, he rarely sees them and communicates little. Only in the morning and in the evening after work. And some parents believe that it is enough to provide the child with food, normal life and necessary things to make him happy with life. And the baby needs attention and communication with parents. Such a problem often occurs in wealthy families.
Try to avoid punishment, because of poorly executed lessons. The child will be nervous every time before completing tasks, fearing to let slip and get punished. These thoughts will hinder him, tune in to study.
You should not insist on good grades, because the child will understand that it is not the knowledge that is important, but the number of points.
The child needs to know that only after completing all the homework tasks, he will be able to do his favorite things.